If you can't use ordinary buses because you're blind or have serious walking disabilities you could get vouchers for taxis or accessible travel like Ring & Ride.
Do you qualify?
To qualify for travel vouchers you must:
• be registered as blind; or
• get Disability Living Allowance (DLA) with the higher rate mobility component; or
• get Personal Independece Payment (PIP) with the enhanced mobility component; or
• get higher rate Attendance Allowance; or
• get War Pensioners Mobility Supplement; or
• if you don't get any of those benefits, but you can't walk 100 metres, or climb steps of 30 centimetres – as long as a doctor confirms this you can apply.
You can't use vouchers if you already have a National Concessionary Travel Pass, or a Concessionary Plus Pass.
For more information and to apply for vouchers please go to https://www.tfgm.com/public-transport/travel-vouchers